Horologium RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for all things Horologium Super Cluster RPG, project I been working on since February 2012.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Experience bug?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Experience bug? Empty Experience bug? Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 am

Skadoodle

I saved and quit after dieing while recently leveled (on my knight), now my experience bar seems stuck on 0/800 experience. I feel like i should have killed enough enemies by now to be positive. I'm not sure if it's just a display bug and i'm really still earning back lost experience or if the experience system is now bugged. Could you add an indicator of how much experience we need to earn back or stop experience from dropping below our last earned level?
Thanks

2Experience bug? Empty Do you have a replay? Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:15 pm

DeadZergling

Admin

Hi Skadoodle, first of all sorry you hit this bug, know how frustrating that can be.  The current uploaded version should not have any experience loss (as far as I recall), the current version however does.  It would be helpful if you could send me a replay of this (or replays) so I could see exactly what is happening.  Or even any other details you can give me so I can try to recreate the situation.  Experience should never go below 0 period, I'll try to take a serious look at this when I get home tonight, 0/800, should be about level 31/32 I think?

Knight is the 4th class I implemented, so is probably the most prone to having unseen bugs, any other issues you've seen?

I have been working on the 5th support class a lot lately, has been a real nightmare to put together.  I'm nearly to the point where I'm willing to upload a new version of the map, and closing in on my goal of it being arcade ready.  

Thanks for posting!

EDIT: Just realized, you are level 31, that means you are beyond being able to get experience in Area 1, thanks for the reminder to make it clear to players when they have outgrown an Area.

https://horologiumrpg.rpg-board.net

3Experience bug? Empty yeah Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Skadoodle

Being level 31 and in the first area was my problem--just figured it out when my other character wasn't getting any experience in area 1 when it was level 32 and a partial level. Could definitely use an in-game notification---I was thinking it was a bug. Not sure how i'll get knight to kill the boss to move on to area 2... his area of effect has a long cooldown and can't even kill a group of the weak wounded marines/blueman's minions in one hit.

4Experience bug? Empty Re: Experience bug? Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm

DeadZergling

Admin

Get a heavy weapon like a claymore or log on your knight, stick and move is how I would get rid of the first boss. I believe his regen happens faster than I liked in the version currently available. I'll go ahead and post the map/mod as they are sometime tonight, I need to fix the Knight's Power Tap and Casper's Stim Pack before I do that though. I am very close to having Jack done, he will be before 2014.

https://horologiumrpg.rpg-board.net

5Experience bug? Empty Re: Experience bug? Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Skadoodle

Got him by running around him in circles hitting him periodically and using potions as needed. He summoned like 20 adds though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum